Any other wives out there struggling?
I did for a long time and still do at times.
In a culture that doesn’t honor men as they once did. I grew up believing that men were to be at my beckon call. They were to give me what I wanted and when I didn’t get that. I left or worse I developed an attitude led to me be manipulative and down right mean to get my way. #notlove
Here are some things that we can do to honor our husband’s and things to ponder as we continue to grow in honoring them.
Honor means high respect or to esteem.
- to heed
- to follow
Here are some ways I have learned to be respectful to my husband.
- I notice him.
- I thank him.
- I appreciate him.
- I join him in what he enjoys.
- I backing up my husband when dealing with our children. (This use to be a massive place of tension in our marriage. Our children have benefited from us parenting as one instead of teaching them they could pit us against one another and learn to manipulate to get their way.)
- I communicate honor by asking for his opinion first.
- I am aware of how I address him. (I don’t say “hey?” and then speak. I say “hey babe! and speak in terms of affection. I pay attention to my tone.)
- I speak well of him to others. I find ways to brag about him! (BTW My husband can make amazing food.)
- I am a Faith based person. So for me, I remember that he wasn’t created to be my help. I was created to be his. (Out of the side of Adam came Eve)
- I respond to his reaches of love. I don’t thwart them.
- I do my best to be patient and wait for him to make decisions because spiritually he is responsible, to God, not me as the head of our household. I am responsible for how well I follow.
- AND BY FAR THE HARDEST: I try not to be distracted from him when he is speaking to me. I don’t want him to feel like he’s competing with the kids, my friends or my phone for my attention?
1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-7 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.ESV BIBLE
Question for you: Are you causing him to fail in his duty to be the spiritual leader of the house by not being a wife of honor?
#hardtruth #honorwell #whatmenwant #wifeshift #respect #noteasybutworthit
Thanks for Listening,