*USE WHAT’S HERE
1. I made a Baked Potato soup!!! soooooooooooo good!!
I cut this in half cause I have a smaller crock pot!!
You will need:
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, diced, NOT peeled
- 5 tablespoons TS garlic garlic
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 64 ounces chicken broth or stock
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- bacon, sour cream, chives or shredded cheese for garnish
Combine first 4 ingredients in your crock pot, cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5. Purée soup in food processor with cream cheese. Serve warm topped with bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese & chives.
SO good I forgot to take a photo!! lol BAD ME!!
2. I am baking bread again…this time doing the recipe my mom sent me to try !
5 – cups hot water (hotter than bathwater, but not scalding)
4 – tablespoons of yeast
1 – cup oil
6 – tablespoons sugar
2 – tablespoons salt
8-10 – cups of flour
Mix all ingredients together. should be sticky. stir down from the outer part of the bowl inward every 10 minutes for 1 hour. should be covered.
put oil in bread pans. put dough in bread pans, cover & let rise for 1/2 hour. makes 4-5 loaves
bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
can also be used to make : cinnamon rolls, biscuits
This recipe makes 5 loaves …and as you
can see I only made 2. So what did I do with
the rest of the dough? My mom said to
separate it into balls on saran wrap and put
them in a bad and freeze. Take one out when
you want bread ….
or use one to make cinnamon rolls!!!
or Pizza Crust…
good idea Momma!!
1. I CLEANED OUT MY CAR!!!!! lol