This 31 Day Challenge in October is
for my own enJOYment….
right here in my home…time to seek and find
I challenge myself to do those things I procrastinate or just plain don’t like doing.
I challenge myself to find savings where ever I can. ( even if it’s weird, I am trying it once )
I challenge myself to shop my freezer and pantry before I go shopping.
Then only buy what I am intending <–God help me!!!
Today’s Challenges Met
* FIND SAVINGS:
1. when I first met my husband 15 years ago, I bought Whole milk and he would fill a glass half way and the rest of the way with water. Back then I thought he was nuts…but he was use to 2% milk.
So I thought I would give it a whirl …
I cleaned out our last milk jug of 2% . Then I bought 1 jug of whole milk for 3.58 and a jug of purified water 99 cents ( no chlorine taste or smell like tap would have) and we poured half into the other empty jug and the rest in both with water.
WHALLA! 2% milk …. two gallons for 4.57
one note…next time just a little less water! it’s a bit skim but still good and the 4 year old boy didn’t notice the difference, the husband didn’t mind at all and the daughter said well the after taste is the same, MILK! lol – works for me!!
* SHOP THE PANTRY AND FREEZER
& DO PROCRASTINATIONS
1. I made a dinner list for the week out of what was here.
I got a spaghetti squash on the back table
recipe from mother in law
-stab holes in top of squash -go a little like psycho
(don’t forget holes..it will explode…lol)
-put in microwave oven for 12-15 minutes until soft
-cut in half and scoop seeds and goop out
– take a fork and scrap squash into a bowl
– add butter, parmesan cheese and salt – to your liking
I got some left over chicken breast that I will shred and add on top of the spaghetti squash. We also have melon….
**ADDITION***the chicken we had with the spaghetti squash turned out great!! left over chicken breast cut into cubes and on low/med heat, added little chicken broth, bell pepper, onion and quartered cherry tomatoes, basil and garlic chives it was GREAT on the spaghetti squash!!
2. I also have zucchini …so I cut and cubes it and put some of it on a cookie sheet to freeze and I can use it later. The rest I put in a tupperware. Then I cut up the carrots before they go bad. – on there way they were – and I added those with a little water. I put that in the fridge for a meal on the menu this week.
WILL YOU TRY THE CHALLENGE WITH ME???
3. After I post this I am going to do ONE load of laundry …
ONE A DAY KEEPS CHOAS AWAY!!! JUST DO IT!! as Flylady says!!!
GO TO DAY 2 : https://starleeta.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/day-2/